History

The Topsham Bowling Club was founded in 1928 when Sir Woodrow Matthews provided the finance to build Matthews Hall and a bowling green for the community.

 

The first Club House was built in 1928 from second hand materials and from these rudimentary beginnings the Club has expanded and improved to become one of the premier Clubs in Devon.

Situated in the middle of Topsham, alongside the town's car park, the Club is within easy reach of the centre of Exeter, and its full size green is considered by many to be the best in the county.

Club Green